Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stream of Conscience

The course so far has been very interesting with many different characters, authors, and situation. However, one story has stood out to me as being the most entertaining and fun. Boyle's, "Descent of Man," has been my favorite story because it made me think more so than any other short story that we have read. While it is clear that many people did not enjoy it due to its confusing nature, I felt like that was the reason that I enjoyed it. Because of the overall lack of set ideas about what was truly going on, it allowed me to decide for myself what was going on in the short story. It allowed me to question what was going on without a set standard of what was correct in the eyes of others. It was truly a great way to see literature.

No comments: